Friday, March 2, 2012

Women,Fox News,Video Games,and Mass Effect?

Fox News did a completely Inaccurate story on the Video Game "Mass Effect".



Every time I see People complaining about Sex and Violence Video Games it's Mostly Single Mothers.



Mothers will sit right there right beside there child and let little Johnny watch a Rated-R movie and CSI but raise holy hell over a video game?



My Question is :

How many Single mothers out there know that Unlike your DVD Player the XBOX 360 has Parental controls that can allow you to adjust your XBOX 360 so it won't even play "Mature-Rated" games?Women,Fox News,Video Games,and Mass Effect?
Another single mother rant. Get your facts right.
In my experience as a teacher of young children, it is the same people who allow their children to watch inappropriate shows and movies as the people that allow their children to play inappropriate games. I do not think this has a set demographic, however men are stereotyped to allow this behavior more than women regardless of their relation to the child.



EDIT-



Puss In Boots, most parents know what an XBOX 360 is...even my aunt who is often clueless when it comes to electronics knows what one is. If she knows what one is, I think its safe to say at least 98% of parents know what one is.



Tony, I didn't know about this...though I am not a parent or own a 360...but I don't think many do. But lets give manufacturers some credit. Do you really think they will publisices it? I don't think it would be recomended by the marketing department.

But I think you need to decide what you are complaining about or pushing for. Is it hypocritical single mothers, or parents who are uneducated about the game systems they buy their children?Women,Fox News,Video Games,and Mass Effect?
it's not just single mothers who complain about the content being added in video games. There are parents (both mothers and fathers) who don't agree with what's being brought forward to their children in the form of entertainment. Make sure your question/complaint is correct. There are fathers with little girls who don't agree with prostitutes being added to "Vice City", or half naked women in "Rumble Rose".
How many parents know what a XBOX 360 is?

Mass Effect is just too good, yes sir.Women,Fox News,Video Games,and Mass Effect?
I think you're making way too many assumptions about single mothers.
Those violent video games are intended for older players and are clearly marked that way. Parents who buy them for their children and then complain about them being too violent are only trying to cover up for their shortcomings as parents.
The people that complain about it will be the parents, themedia brainswasheds people into believing video games are eeeeeeeeeevil. yes I discovered much to my annoyance that my ps2 kept coming up with error messages when an 18 game was put in.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gmkdVhJuhBo





the woman was bashing on Mass Effect just to promote her book....when she realized it didn't help with her sales she apologized....what a *****!!!!and screw the media...they only mislead people
Hmmm...the most offensive, and mind-numbingly ignorant comment made in the whole FoxNews episode was the "Luke Skywalker meets Debbie Does Dallas" idiocy...and that was a guy. Musta been damn painful for him to become a single mother....

And FoxNews, so blatently right-wing apologist, sets itself up as pro-family values in this broadcast - I'm sure they'd all be shocked - shocked, I say - to hear any suggestion that they would be in league with *gasp* unwed mothers.



All that aside, that broadcast made me give up on all things media - which breaks my heart because I worked my *** off for legitimacy in journalism for 18 years. Good to know I was the only one not in on the joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment