Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I have an HP dv6t series laptop that I am looking to upgrade it to play higher end games like Mass Effect 2?

I am looking to replace the CPU, motherboard, and video card. How much would it cost me, and would it even be possible, to upgrade those to accommodate games like Mass Effect 2 - while I don't need them to run on maxed-out settings, Medium graphics settings would be fine. I was thinking about the ATI 5770 HD video card, but am unsure if that would fit in my laptop. Thoughts?I have an HP dv6t series laptop that I am looking to upgrade it to play higher end games like Mass Effect 2?
All you can upgrade is the RAM and perhaps the hard disc. The ATI 5770 HD is a desktop card that can only fit in a PCI-e 16x slot that only desktop motherboards have. The card might even be wider than your laptop.



Laptops have mobile versions of video cards which are slower and part of the motherboard. If you want a computer that you can customize, you're gonna need a desktop PC.I have an HP dv6t series laptop that I am looking to upgrade it to play higher end games like Mass Effect 2?
You cannot do such a thing.



Laptops have integrated video ccards and they only support one motherboard; the one that came with them.



Might I suggest a gaming laptop or a gaming computer.



Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment