Tuesday, March 6, 2012

PCI Video Card needed to support Mass Effect!!! HELP PLEASE

I have a Dell Dimension 3000 series PC, and of course, it only supports a PCI interface. I bought mass effect and the msr for it required an NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or an ATI X1300 XT. Unfortunately, those won't fit my computer. I've been searching all day and I am stumped as to what to use. Please help me out, I'd appreciate it a lot. PCI Video Card needed to support Mass Effect!!! HELP PLEASE
Can't do anything about it. PCI cards are very rare to find and are generally overpriced. Still you could look on newegg. PCI slots have VERY limited bandwidth that's shared between all the PCI cards in the system so you will notice significant bottlenecking.



I would just return the game...PCI Video Card needed to support Mass Effect!!! HELP PLEASE
You are saying you have PCI interface as your vcard input? As far as I know common vid cards are PCI-E or Agp. Please check your manual...whether its PCI or PCI-E. If its pci-e then you can buy any pci-e vid card that supports mass effect. The Geforce 8800 GT is a great card and if you are lucky u'll find it under $130 in ebay. If you want a good gaming experience and don't have a pci-e motherboard then you should upgrade. Upgrade to a mobo that has pci-e. I understand its a pain but that's how it is, without a pci-e slot you won't be able to play decent recent games.



Any questions, drop me an email: pooranimator@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment